Monday, July 28, 2008

New Creative Endeavor: From DIY to Custom Design!

This is the first post for my new business: A Day to Remember Custom Invitation Design. After a push from my ever-patient fiance, and many of my family (and soon-to-be family) members, I have decided to start my home based invitation design service.

Here is a little background information on me:

My interest in invitation design all started when I became engaged. I met with another amazing invitation designer for her to make my save the date cards. While she did an amazing job, I was mad at myself for not trying to make them first. (You see, I have a Design degree and my Cosmetology license as well. I would consider myself a creative person.) I figured if the woman that I used could do it, then by all means I could too!

Armed with the finest of design software, and my trusty Mac computer, I was determined to create the most personal invitations possible. And this is when the obsession with my personal wedding invites started!  Invitations are not the only work that I do, I also love to do custom designed paper items too!

This blog will serve as a means to showcase my work, as well as the trials and tribulations of starting a home business.

Here's to A Day to Remember,

Amanda
Email me:
aDaytoRememberCustomInvites@gmail.com

No comments: